About

About this project

There is so much creativity often hidden away inside people who live with dyslexia. Many of the people we at Literate have had the pleasure of working with over the years are incredibly gifted artists. This project has been created to help bring some of their works into the public view, and at the same time raise awareness and funding for other dyslexic artists.

While our program is not expensive, even if they are working the majority of people with dyslexia are in low-paid employment. The artists keep 75% of the sale price of their artwork, and they have very graciously agreed to pool the remaining 25% into a fund that will allow others who truly cannot afford the program to have it paid for them.

Follow this link for details of the program offered by Literate.

Works

Sandra Bateman

Watercolours from scenes around the Yorkshire Dales and beyond. Sandra draws her inspiration from her love of the Dales, where she grew up and has lived all of her life.

All are Original Watercolours by Sandra Bateman, and are 7 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches (19x15 cm).

Coming soon we will have a selection of Sandra's fabulous encaustic wax art. A spectacular blend of colour and texture in a single artwork.

Artists

Meet the Artists

Sandra Bateman

Sandra has had more than her fair share of challenges in her life. Not just dyslexic, but until very recently she was also deaf and could not talk clearly. She admits herself that she has always been creative, and has taught herself to draw and paint, and in the last couple of years has added Encaustic Wax art to her repertoire ... Read more

Contact

Get in touch

If you are interested in buying any of the artwork you see here, or supporting the project in any way, please feel free to contact us via email at literallyarts@gmail.com